The GPRS Shield is based on SIM900 module from the manufacturer SIMCOM and is compatible with the Arduino platform and its clones. The GPRS Shield provides you a way to communicate using GSM network. Shield will allow you to send SMS, MMS, GPRS and Audio via UART by sending AT commands (GSM 07.07 ,07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands). The GSM Shield also has the 12 GPIOs, 2 x PWMS and ADC of the SIM900 chip.
1. Quad-Band 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900 MHz - works on GSM networks in all countries around the world.
2. GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
3. GPRS mobile station class B
4. Complies with GSM phase 2/2+
5. Class 4 (2 W (At) 850 / 900 MHz)
6. Class 1 (1 W (At) 1800 / 1900MHz)
7. Control via AT commands - Standard Commands: GSM 07.07 & 07.05 | Enhanced Commands: SIMCOM AT Commands.
8. Short Message Service - you can send small amounts of data over the GSM network (ASCII or hexadecimal).
9. Built-in TCP/UDP stack - allows you to upload data to the web server.
10. RTC support.
11. An optional serial port.
12. Speaker and Headphone connectors
13. Low power consumption - 1.5 mA (sleep mode)
14. Operating Temperature Range - -40°C to +85 °C